Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Reasons I'm Excited to be a Director

Hello!

As I start to think more and more about the summer, I can't help getting more and more excited to be a director. While it certainly won't be all fun and games, there are so many things that a director does that I can't wait to do. So without further to do, here is a list of the top ten reasons I can't wait to be a director!

My staff on R&R at Greeter Falls.
1. I'm excited to be the first person to greet each van as campers arrive at camp.

2. I'm excited to plan R&R for my staff on Saturdays.

3. I'm excited to wake up campers by honking my horn and to then go to the side porch to talk to the early-risers.

4. I'm excited to lead staff worships.
My staff after a staff worship.

5. I'm excited to make last-minute deliveries if a YRG forgets a tool and my field manager is busy.

6. I'm excited to lead sharing three times a week.

7. I'm excited to give the Fishhook message at the end of the week.
Me speaking to the camp community.

8. I'm excited to go to Director's meeting on Wednesday mornings.

9. I'm excited to begin announcements after every meal by yelling, "HOW WAS BREAKFAST?!" and "HOW WAS DINNER?!"

10. I'm excited to hear Support Staff call up "Stacy's Staff" at Commissioning and have the opportunity and responsibility to lead my staff and campers for 10 weeks serving God this summer.

That's it! Of course there are other reasons, but these are the first ten that I was able to articulate. In a few weeks I'll be wrapping up my time in Bolivia, and then I'll be headed to Mt. TOP. I can't believe it's so soon!

All the best,
Stacy

1 comment: