Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hello From Training!

Hi!

The overhead sign welcoming to Ohio
as I was driving back from college.
The last few days have been very exciting for me. On Friday I finished school, then I packed up my dorm, drove to Cincinnati, unpacked, repacked, and drove to camp! It was certainly a whirlwind couple of days, but I'm happy to have arrived safe and sound at training.

Today was an especially fun day at training because it was staff reveal, which meant I found out what Ministry Coordinators (MCs for short) would be on my staff. Mt. TOP is composed of four staffs (two for each camp). Each staff has one director, one field manager, one program manager (that's me!), and five MCs. We come to training knowing which directors and managers will be together, but MCs aren't divided into staffs until mid-way through training (today!).

I am so excited that I finally know everyone who I will be working with this summer. After staff reveal we spent the day doing staff-bonding activities like building steps for the new cabin and the low-ropes course. The low-ropes course was definitely my favorite. I felt like we were really able to come together as a staff and work as a team to accomplish the tasks. For the next three days we will be learning more details about our specific jobs, and then on Saturday we have Staff Commissioning. Can't wait to learn what else God has in store for me this summer!
My staff on the low-ropes course.
From left to right: Victoria (MC), Rachael (MC), Jayke (Field Manager)),
Me, Mary (MC), Jacob (MC), Ben (Director), and Tyler (MC)


All the best,
-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment