Monday, May 6, 2013

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Camp Baker

During the summer, Mt. TOP actually runs out of two camps, Camp Pines and Camp Baker. This summer I'll be working at Camp Baker, and I couldn't be happier. Although Pines has it's own benefits (like a big field to play games), I'm truly a Baker Lover. So in celebration of the wonderful Camp Baker, I thought I'd do a Top 10 list of why it's my favorite out of the two camps.


Me and my fellow staff member on the Staff Lodge porch
1.  I get to live in the beautiful staff lodge which has a huge porch and is conveniently attached to our staff office.

2. The awesome Baker kitchen staff.

3. Nine-square and volleyball are so much more exciting when there's the threat that a loose ball may go rolling down the mountain.

4. The Side Porch is perfect for playing Octoball.
A game of Octoball

5. The gorgeous Worship Center surrounded by trees.

6. The camper cabins have bathrooms inside of the cabins rather than in a separate building, which makes the campers happy. Happy campers=happy staff!

7. Everything is close together. The Pavilion and Dining Hall are attached to each other.

Campers at the Prayer Dock
8. Physically being on the edge of a plateau makes all the references to the "mountain top" seem even more relevant.

9.Worships at the Prayer Dock.

10. It's the camp I attended when I was a camper, so it's filled with great memories from past years.


13 more days until I'm on the mountain!

All the best,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment